Breakfast for dinner has been one of my all time favorites ever since I was a kid. If my mom asked me what I wanted for dinner, 99.9% of the time my request would be breakfast for dinner. I have always been and will always be a breakfast lover; luckily my boyfriend loves breakfast just as much as I do. I decided to make him Turkey and Potato Hash as a pre-Valentine’s Day dinner 💜. This recipe is super easy and can be completed in a 30 minute time frame.
1 large potato of choice (I used a simple baking potato)
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 T minced garlic
Deli meat of choice, diced (I used gluten-free applewood smoked turkey)
1/2 cup grated cheese of choice
Salt, Pepper and Paprika to taste
- Using a large skillet (or cast iron skillet if you have one); melt down the coconut oil over medium heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine veggies garlic and diced turkey; add salt, pepper and paprika to taste; mix to fully coat the vegetables
- Transfer vegetable mixture to the heated skillet and cook them down until the onions are translucent and the potatoes tender (about 10 minutes); make sure to stir frequently to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the skillet; while they are cooking down preheat your oven to 450 degrees F
- Remove skillet from burner; sprinkle the top with cheese and crack four eggs on top; transfer to oven
- Cook in oven until eggs are to your liking (runny yolk is best)
- Remove from oven and serve!
Super easy, super delicious and you can add/subtract any mix-ins you want 😄